Thursday 30 January 2014

The Grammys: Best Dressed

The Grammys: Best Dressed
I look forward to this event ever year not just for the awards but of course the anticipation to see what this years grammy guests outfit of the night will be.

I always have high hopes for Taylor Swifts appearance at these kind of events as I love her sweet but sexy style, and she did not fail to impress in this gorgeous Gucci gown. Along with a memorable Grammy performance and a number of nominees, it was evident that she shone both on and off stage.

Model , Chrissy Teigen also stood out in what I would best describe as a disco ball turned dress. This stunning strapless Johanna Johnson design complimented her best assets (so jealous of those legs) and its gorgeous train could not have been more appropriate for the red carpet. Extreme dress envy.  
Another that impressed was Anna Kendrick in Azarro. I love the colour of this dress, I never usually think of grey as an evening wear kind of colour but Anna certainly changed my views as she graced the carpet in this gown; and the embellished bodice really added to it to make it a show stopping number.   
I don’t know about you, but I would give anything to look as good as the lovely Ciara when I am pregnant! I didn’t even recognise her in this b-e-a-utiful long sleeved beaded dress by Pucci because in all honesty the last time I heard of Ciara she was still dressing like this...
Thumbs up for her gorgeous new style...
Stylist Louise Roe surprised me in this dress, in my opinion I think it was pretty daring to wear this because it seems a bit casual for the Grammys, but it is gorgeous and she rocked this shimmering black mini!

If someone had told me prior to the event that Rita Ora was going to turn up to the Grammys in a metallic green dress I have would instantly predicted she’d be on my worst dressed list! However I can eat my words because she looked fab! This fabric and cut was so flattering on her I just wish I could afford Lanvin prices!


In terms of the males, I just had to include Macklemore and Ryan Lewis! I think he pulls of teal velvet better than I ever could! And I have a slight obsession with hounds tooth at the moment so I immediately swooned over Ryan Lewis’ suit, you scrub up well boys!

I know what you're thinking, she cant of forgotten the most showstopping dress of the night! Of course not. Who else to run the Grammy world other than my idol, all hail Beyonce Knowles. Lets be honest she could of turned up in a bin bag and we wouldn't have complained! But she certainly turned a few heads in a stunningly seductive white floral lace number that flattered her beautifully, credit to Michael Costello for this design.  We were also lucky enough to see Queen B gracing the stage in a next to nothing sheer bodysuit, but lets be honest, we couldn't have asked for much more. As always, hands down to you, Beyonce, you once again have us all wishing we were you!




Did you watch the Grammys?
What did you think of the celebs outfits?
   Ellie

7 comments:

  1. Beyoncé just wins hands down!! She is flawless!

    Emmie x
    www.topknotfringeandawhatnot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more!

    Thanks for your comment Emmie :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyonce once again looks incredible!!!! That woman is just goregeous! Also think Chrissy looked gorg in that gold dress. I've nominated you to complete the 2013 year in review tag! You can find my post here http://www.lifeofatraineejournalist.com/2014/02/the-2013-year-in-review-tag.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't she?! As always!
      Thanks Nicole I will check it out :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. This was such an interesting post. It was nice to see someone actually wrote about what they were wearing rather than just posting hundreds of photos. You are possibly my new favourite blog. Hope you're still enjoying working. Chelsey x
    http://chelseycatherine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chelsey, that means a lot!

      xx

      Delete