Saturday 19 April 2014

Chocolaty easter Treats!

In true Easter spirit this weekend, I wanted to make some chocolaty Easter treats to share with the family. These crunchy cornflake nests are so easy to make that I thought I would share with you all the steps so that you can make them too, as who can resist a bit of chocolate?! For these yummy little nests you will need:
8 ounces of milk chocolate
3 ounces of cornflakes
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
36 mini eggs (or double that if you're like me and eat them along the way, oops)
12 cupcake cases & cupcake tin
Firstly melt the chocolate and syrup in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl isn't touching the water to prevent the chocolate from burning! Stir the chocolate and syrup gently until smooth, once melted mix in the cornflakes until covered with chocolate. Then portion the cornflakes into 12 cupcake cases and decorate with 3 eggs. To finish, simply leave them to set in the fridge for an hour, wait patiently and enjoy! It's that easy.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend and happy Easter!



Try not to eat them all at once like me!
   Ellie

18 comments:

  1. Even though its 11pm I really want to get baking now haha.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'd be tempted to whip up another batch as me and my fam have nearly scoffed all these already!
      Thank you for your comment Belle :)

      Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh these look incredible... I could so eat and demolish those right now haha xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you, I can't stop eating them!

      xx

      Delete
  3. You're pretty and your blog too :)

    I’m an italian blogger and what do you think to follow each other here and on the other social networks? Thank you so much! Let me know when you follow me and I’ll follow back.

    Giada, blogger of Being Over the Moon
    Last post: Minimal Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that's so sweet :)
      I would love to, I love keeping up with fashion in other countries too :) I'll check out your blog now!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren, I'm literally munching on one as we speak!
      xx

      Delete
  5. sweet post!
    check out our blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look delicious!! And cute!

    xx, Be
    http://lovefrombe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog! So glad I found it..
    These treats look delicious and they're really cute. Perfect for Easter!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, what a lovely comment :)
      xx

      Delete
  8. these look soo scrummy! im so tempted to make them right now!!

    great post!

    hollykatebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very yummy!
      Thank you Holly :)
      xx

      Delete
  9. With the Premium variation you tumblr.com/ will certainly obtain the Rest Timer check this site attribute to Tuen off the Application How to Download Live NetTV on Android APK, iOS & Computer Instantly, just established the moment Live NetTV when you would certainly want Live NetTV Download to turn off the App.

    ReplyDelete