Tuesday 6 May 2014

Discovering London: Shoreditch, Spitalfields & Brick Lane

It's a new month, and for me, a new home, job and city as last weekend I ventured 5 hours south from Yorkshire London to start another internship in the fashion capital of the country. Whilst settling in I have done my fair bit of exploring, some of it unintentional due to the amount of times I've already got lost! However, intentionally, last Sunday I decided to go for a wonder through East London to discover the well talked about it, Shoreditch, Spitalfields and Brick Lane.
Door to door through Shoreditch and Brick Lane you will find a mixture of stylish independent shops that I spent my entire afternoon browsing in. Brick Lane and its surroundings has the greatest selection of quirky and cool vintage shops with so many iconic pieces and retro trends that you could easily fill your wardrobe of nostalgic items.
The gem of Shoreditch I would say is Boxpark, a unique pop up mall home to a number of fashion, arts and tech retailers that I felt were not so mainstream so it was refreshing to visit somewhere different. For all us beauty bloggers, you will be happy to know that Beauty Mart, a fab store selling a wide range of cosmetic brands that, has a pop up store there so you can pick up a great product for your next review! The upper level of Boxpark allows you to eat, drink and enjoy live music in the open air dining area which is gorgeous in the sun.
Even though I only spent an afternoon in the area I already feel like I have visited almost every market in London! Both Shoreditch and Spitalfields are renowned for their markets and I was interested to know why. Before long I found myself in a vast indoor space that was Spitalfields Old Market, which was full of individual market stalls with an eclectic variety of amazing hand made crafts, interior design, art, jewelry, and clothing, all perfect for a unique addition to your wardrobe and also a great for meaningful gifts, I left feeling inspired! And as if I wasn't content enough admiring all the crafts I was soon drooling over the array of cakes, chocolates and range of worldwide cuisines and delicacies. I can guarantee your mouth will be watering at the sight of it all!
After what seemed like 30 minutes, was actually 4 hours, and it was time for me to catch my train home, but I can safely say I will be returning and if any of you reading this who live near the area and have not yet been or those of you who are hoping to visit London soon, I really recommend you pay a visit if you have the time. You could most definitely spend most of your day, eating, drinking, browsing, and buying in this incredibly interesting area that I believe is a must do in East London.

Beauty Mart, Boxpark

Beauty Mart, Boxpark




Handcrafted leather watches, Shoreditch market

I thought these ice cream spoon cupcakes were so cute!

Quirky hancrafted jewellry, Shoreditch market,

Spitalfields old market

Look at the size of those meringues!


The prettiest chocolate I've ever seen

...and some more scrummy chocs

This place was queuing out the doors!

Brick Lane street art

Vintage galore, Brick Lane

Hanging decor stall, Brick Lane

Have you ever been to any of these places?
What did you think?

   Ellie


10 comments:

  1. I love reading posts like these! I'd love to know how you're getting on in London on your internship, I'm off to London in July and I'm so nervous I'll just be lost the whole time!X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Nicole! I love to post about a mixture of things and thought people ought to know about these fab areas of London!
      I'm glad you said that as I have literally just been typing up a post about my first week! I was soo nervous too and was worried I wouldn't settle, but you are so busy all the time you don't even have time to think about it, but its a great city to be in and I wish good luck! We should have to get some fellow bloggers and meet up!
      :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh that looks lovely! I've only been to London twice but would love to go for a couple of days to explore. Congrats on getting such a fantastic opportunity with a London internship :) xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever come down again I deffo recommend making time to pay a visit :)
      Awh thank you so much!

      :)xx


      Delete
  3. I love looking at beautiful pictures like this- your photography is amazing! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh wow thank you! I wasn't expecting to be taking photos so only had my iphone to hand, but the quality isn't actually that bad!

      Thanks for a lovely comment Charlotte :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Ah I'm so jealous... I so want to go to Beauty Mart! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have spent so much money in there!

      Thanks for your comment Gemma :)

      Xx

      Delete
  5. Take Rolex. While replica watches anybody now recognizes the name, aback in replica watches uk the 1950s and 1960s the cast was accepted about alone by the pilots and able defined who rolex replica in fact bare the functions the watches offered.

    ReplyDelete