Tuesday 13 May 2014

Newcastle Fashion Week: Company Magazine Show

This weekend saw the start of NE1's Newcastle Fashion Week, with an exciting launch at The Assembly Rooms on the Friday night with special guest Sophie Ellis Bextor, an event I was invited to but sadly couldn't attend as I was on a 3 hour train journey from London to Newcastle in order to attend one of the shows the very next day, so I wasn't missing out too much! So the morning arrived and it was time to decide what to wear, typically the weather wasn't on my side but luckily I came prepared with a variety of outfit choices and opted for my favourite black Topshop jumpsuit which I wore with a royal blue blazer and accesorised with a quilted, vintage chain handle bag. 
We were warmly welcomed by the NFW fashion staff who showed us to our seats in the beautiful chandelier suite at The Assembly Rooms. After introductions from NFW marketing and events manager, Sandra Tang, Company magazine, and the unbelievable British womenswear fashion designer that is Julien Mcdonald, the audience were all very excited for the show to come. With looks from a huge range of high street and designer brands including Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Wallis, Lipsy, The White Company and so many more, I was in my element taking in all the fashion on the catwalk and felt a big shopping spree coming on, it was a very Carrie Bradshaw moment. 
After the show, and a cocktail or two in Bonbar next door, it was time for me to head home, it's a shame I can't attend all the other events throughout the week as they sound so exciting, but I look forward to hearing all about them from my fellow North East bloggers, have fun girls!











Have you heard of Newcastle week?
Are you planning on going to any of the upcoming events?

   Ellie

6 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a simple black jumpsuit like yours lately! Should've looked into Topshop! Great outfit as a whole :)

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I think they have a similar jumpsuit to this one in New Look too!

      Ellie xx

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! I bet it was an awesome event, the clothes are amazing! And I really love your outfit <333
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks fab! I'd love to go on a little roadtrip around the UK attending all the local fashion weeks, I've never been to Newcastle before but now it's even higher up my list ;)

    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hope you received your VIP goody bag with a Kerrys Jewellery bracelet in ;)

    ReplyDelete