Thursday 7 November 2013

Product of the week: Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline


When it comes to eyelashes, in my case I am definitely not born with naturally gorgeous ones so it is most definitely Maybelline I have to thank. Since using their Volum Express Lift Up mascara I'm afraid to say that I find it so hard to branch out and try new ones as I'm too attached to it and have never been able to find a competitor! In the past I have used Dior Show which was lovely but I found it didn't last that long and was it bit too pricey to be buying every few months so I was just saving it for special occasions, but even my use of that fizzled out with my love for my Maybelline one overpowering! Yes you may say I'm a little too attached to my mascara but let me just explain why...

Firstly, the curved brush. For some reason it seems so rare now to find mascaras that have a curved wand, this being something I always look for in a mascara. This is because I find that it really helps to give a natural curl and lift up your eyelashes making them stand out.
Secondly, unlike some of Maybellines other mascaras the consistency of this mascara isn't too thick and gloopy so it applies really nicely, evenly separating the eyelashes. It's also great for adding length wheres some of the other maybelline mascaras seem to add mainly thickness. I focus particularly on my corner lashes when applying it and the length you get is great and natural.
Furthermore, its perfect for all occasions. If you read my blog you'll know that in terms of make up I prefer a more natural look and this product fits my brief really well. However I have found that it is not just appropriate for everyday use but also when worn with a slim line of black gel eyeliner on top of the eyelid and and a bronze eye shadow it creates a really simple yet striking evening look.
And finally, at £6.99 it doesn't even scratch the surface so it's a guilt free purchase every few months. So never mind product of the week, this mascara is pretty much product of the year.





Have you ever used this mascara?
Can you recommend any other curved brush mascaras?
What is your favourite mascara?

                                                                                Ellie

9 comments:

  1. NIce blog Ellie. How about some tips for women of a certain age - i.e. mum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh youe eyelashes look great! I must have a look at this when I'm next in boots. Great post!

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never used it but it looks amazing on you! Great post :)

    xo Mel
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :)
    I would love to visit your blog
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lashes look gorgeous! I struggle with mascaras because of my short flat lashes so I'm going to have to try this one out!X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Nicole! You should, I would recommend this to anyone, it's great for adding lenght :)
    X

    ReplyDelete