Monday 28 October 2013

Autumn Tag

As tagged by the lovely Nicole from Life of A Trainee Journalist todays post is an autumn tag!
Tag posts are a great way to get to know other bloggers so it's always a bit of fun to do.
Favourite thing about Autumn? 
With it getting dark earlier and earlier I find I spend a lot of time in the house! To make the most of this I love doing things like home baking with my family. I love a good home baked treat! It sounds sad but I also love all the autumn/winter TV that's on, there are so many good series and programmes on to keep me entertained. In particular, The Great British Bake Off, 90210, Homeland, and of course X factor (sorry to strictly fans) for me this programme is just the countdown to christmas!
Favourite drink? 
I struggle to go a day without tea, however you cant beat the seasonal coffees and hot chocolates and lattes that are available at Starbucks throughout the season.
Favourite scent?
Autumn is the time when I tend to get out all my scented candles, at the moment I have a Harding & Baylis Lavender scented candle on the go, but I also love the Vanilla Cupcake one from Yankee Candle, they are lovely to accompany a nice hot bath.
In terms of perfume my trademark scent is Deep Night by GHOST, the desciprtion on the website describes it as being a 'seductive, mysterious and sensual, this powerful scent introduces Belle de Nuit – a flower that blooms in the darkness and closes early dawn to draw on its magnetic power. Indian Rose is blended with base notes of Wood and Vanilla to add an embracing warmth to the fragrance giving a heady, intoxicating aura' They sell it well dont they! Haha, but to me it feels like a really autumnal scent as its not too sweet. 
Best lipstick? 
I recently bought shade 103 from Kate Moss' range for Rimmel London. I prefer more natural makeup so this lip is a lovely natural shade perfect for everyday. However I do feel like branching out and experimenting with a burgundy sort of colour soon, any suggestions anyone?
Go to moisturiser?
I have most recently used the Nivea in shower moisturiser, see my review below! Which I have not yet used on face but it has been the best one I have tried for my body, I had noticeably softer skin after the first use. Its important to keep your skin moisturised in these colder months!
Go to colour for eyes?
Body Shops shade 205 Caramel Flirt is a gorgeous shimmery natural colour. I only really wear eye shadow when dressing up but if I were to wear one on an everyday basis it would also be appropriate.
Favourite band/singer to listen to?
I tend to stop listening to dance music as much as it just makes me miss summer! So I just stick with the charts really, I always trust there to be good music on radio one as I'm easily pleased really and like to listen to a variety of genres, at the moment Drake and Arctic Monkeys are on repeat on my ipod. 
Favourite outfit to wear?
As it gets stupidly cold when I'm at uni up in Newcastle I rarely take my coat off! So I like to wear a statement coat that will be the main aspect of an outfit. From leather jackets, to parkas, tweed, and furry body warmers my wardrobe is full of outwear items!
Autumn treat?By the sound of it I don't have enough coats so perhaps a new outerwear item! Haha and some home made cakes and bakes of course!
Favourite place to be?
I do love being in the comfort of my own home weather it be with friends, family or my boyfriend, I always enjoy being at home. However I do also love it when its bonfire night, if there's something that I'm willing to bare the cold for its a really good firework display.

I would like to tag the following people. But if you're reading this and you haven't been tagged please feel free to do it anyway!

Enjoy!
                                                                                

0 comments:

Post a Comment