Friday 2 August 2013

The Leibster Awards



Firstly thank you to Keri the writer of Sincerely Snow who nominated me for the award, I had not heard of it till now, so I am looking forward to taking part. The great thing about the award is thats it raises awarness of blogs with fewer than 200 followers and allows you discover you new blogs through the passing on of nominations.



As for my answers to Keri's 11 questions...
1) What is one thing you wish you were brave (or rich) enough to try?
My dream would be to travel the world, this would require a lot of bravery (and no doubt a lot of money) as travelling for a long period of time, miles away from my friends and family is a very scary thought! However I imagine the things I would have the opportunity to see and do would be more than worth it.
2) Who was your first celebrity crush?
Well before I knew cartoon characters weren't real, John Smith from the Disney film Pocahontas was the only guy I had my eyes on, if only. Haha how embarassing!
3) If you could rewrite a film/book ending what would you chose and what would you change?
The Hunger Games, when I saw the film I was mesmorised and I told myself I HAD to read the books, and when it came to the third one I was a little dissapointed. I thought the concept was brilliant and had so much potential that I think the author didnt make the most out of it! If I was to re-write the books I would make them much longer.
4) What is your favorite decade and why?
The 90's. The decade in which I was born and grown up. I feel that our generation has seen a lot including technological developments, a millenium, and personally I think that the decade including the fame of The Spice Girls has to be No.1
!
5) Who is your style icon? 
I am inspired by the style of Beyonce Knowles. Mainly because she has such a wide variety of styles, 
showing that she has fun with it, wearing sometimes garments you wouldn't think that she would wear but looks incredible in anyway. To be honest she could look good in a bin bag! But I like the idea of being able to wear anything takes my fancy. I really like her sophistaced, chic more formal wear, a similar style I like to take when dressing formally. In contrast her everyday outfits are often casual, laid back, simple and spontaneous, something that I admire her for. But these outfits are put together so well that they therefore look great, something that's easy to do for us admirers on a lower budget than she. 
6) Who is your celebrity girl crush?
Beyonce Knowles hands down.  If you asked anyone who knew me they could probably tell you how much I love this lady more than I can simply because I go on about her 24/7 (as proved in the answer to question No.5) . She is such an inspiring human being, with a voice (and behind) that could attract anybody!
7) What is your number one guilty pleasure?
Pointless day time TV, 'Nothing to declare' is a personal favourite of mine. I orginally typed in cheese, but I love that too much for it to be guilty!
8) Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great great great grandchildren? 
Probably my great great great grandchildren because with research you can learn about this history of your ancestors and the period in which they lived in. I would like to see what the world would be like that my great x3 grandchildren would be living in.
9) What beauty skill do you wish you were better at? 
Eye shadow, it is a rarity that I ever wear it mainly because I'm very weary about applying bold tones to my eyes. I would like to learn how to blend neutral and smokey tones effectively. Luckily, one of my best friends is studying media make up at university so I'm sure she'd be happy to give me a hand.
10) If you could go to lunch with anyone in the world who would you pick?
I'll give you one guess?..Yep that would be Beyonce! Or the queen but I imagine conversation may be a little idle..I also wouldnt say no to lunch date with Ryan Gosling..who would?! 
11) Would you rather a 5,000 shopping spree or a 5 night luxury vacation?
In an ideal world I would chose the money and with it buy a vacation! However I feel like that might be cheating so if I had to chose it would most likely be the vacation because money can't always buy you happiness! 

My 11 nominees and questions are as follows...

Apologies if some of you have already been nominated

'Beleza' by Ems
A Design Rookie
A Yellow Brick Blog
When Black Meets Beige
Right Up My Street
Bellaconscience
Miss Sophie Rose
It's A Trendy World
Masha's Mumbles
HOLLISA
Louabellex

What is your favourite thing about blogging?
What 3 words best describe yourself?
If you could star in any film, which would it be?
Who would you be most curious to spend a day in the life of?
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
What is your favourite beauty product at the moment?
What was the last piece of clothing you bought?
And now for some quick fire questions...
Tea or coffee?
Harry potter or lord of the rings?
High street or designer?

I hope you enjoy taking part!

Ellie

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating me! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through Hollisa and love it, followed straight away. Please check out my blog, it would be a great help. Thank you :)

    Amber xx
    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amber :)
      I look forward to visiting your blog!
      x

      Delete