Saturday 31 August 2013

September wish list

I am still very reluctant in saying that summer is coming to a close. But we cannot argue with the fact it is September tomorrow and soon deceased will be the floral summer dresses, strappy tops and denim shorts, in their place will be all those long sleeve layers we are not wanting to think about yet. However on a slightly lighter note I decided to make the most of the situation and see what range the high street stores have on offer for this years Autumn/Winter months.
I started with the items I think are the staple for an Autumn/Winter wardrobe, these being the coat, jumper, trouser and boot. I am always careful when buying coats as often I am tempted to buy one that will only go with one item of clothing I own. As a result I try to think realistically in order to get my moneys worth and buy a garment that will get its wear out of it.
H&M have started to fill their rails with a nice selection of affordable coats that will no doubt grow, leaving us to be spoilt for choice for that key piece.
When it comes to jumpers my mind instantly jumps to Topshop, I don't know how many of you will agree but their range of knitwear in the Autumn/Winter months is unreal. For a fashionable, wooly warmer that will last you the season, with Topshop you can't go wrong.
I like to keep some of the summer spirit when it comes to trousers, often on the hunt to buy a bold printed/pattern trouser that will be a statement of an outfit. I told myself I would never wear tartan as it was part of my school uniform for five whole years, however if these beauties from River Island were part of the dress code I certainly would not have been complaining!
However I also tend to buy what I like to call 'the safety jean'. A pair of skinny jeans in a warm winter shade that will easily go with many items in my wardrobe. I already have a pair of these maroon skinnies but these are this years version.
Boots are seasonal favourite of mine. Seeing them as a staple I find it necessary to buy a new pair each year. Last year I purchased some gorgeous black leather rider boots from Topshop which are still going strong so this time round I was keeping my eye out for a pair of simple ankle boots. Already in many high street stores they are stocking up with a good selection of boots. I found this lovely pair in M&S for £35, stylish, good quality and suitable to sustain the winter weather.
Now for the fun bit, Add ons. Whether it be shirts, bags, hats or jewelry, these can often be those extra key pieces that will finish off the ideal, fashionable look of the season. This shirt from Topshop looks great on its own but also fab under a cropped of long sleeved jumper. Piece it with a statement necklace, leather shorts and tights to complete the look. In terms of accessories I've planned to keep it simple with my trusty bowler and a tote bag that will accompany many Autumn/Winter garments. So if you're as keen as me, why not get ahead of the game before the new season arrives!
What is on your wish list?
Ellie


0 comments:

Post a Comment