Friday 11 April 2014

The perfect palette: My Urban Decay Equivalent


When money is tight it’s harder to part with £37 without feeling guilty. But many would say would say it’s worth the guilt for a Urban Decay palette, well what you say if I told you you could get a Urban Decay Naked 2 palette equivalent for a fraction of the price? That’s right, I recently discovered whilst browsing in Superdrug that MUA do a brilliant eye palette with gorgeous matte nudes, shimmery and smoky shades that are almost identical to Naked. I wasn't sure if the quality was going to be up to the standard of Urban Decay but for £4 you cannot complain! I had to give it a go and I was very pleased with the results, with 12 different shades you can create a variety of standout smoky or minimalist nude looks. To put on the product I used my favourite body shop eye shadow brushes and I found the the powder applied really nicely, feeling very soft. I firstly applied the flesh toned shades right up to my eye brow and into the corner of my eye, in order to highlight. Then going over top of, to the edges of my eye lid and under my brow bone I used the slightly shimmery bronze and darker shades to complete the look. I quite like natural make up and what I love about this palette is that its suitable for everyday use as well as more glam night out look, so it’s a win win really! I had never bought anything from the MUA brand before but I will definitely be a returning customer, along with many other make up articles, they had a wide selection other eye shadow palettes as well as this one; so if you prefer a bit more colour, darker tone, or shimmer, no matter your skin tome; I’m confident there is a palette for everyone.
If you like the look of this palette, stay tuned as I hope to feature it in my next giveaway!






Have yo used this Palette before?
What do you think?

   Ellie


14 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you - it's a really good value for money dupe for UD and I've really loved using mine :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it! I'm glad you liked it too!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the MUA palettes! I have two of them and they definitely give the naked palettes a run for their money!

    Emmie xx
    www.topknotfringeandawhatnot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more!
      Thanks for your comment Emmie :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. It was lovely to meet you at Bonbar today (and thanks for your comment on my blog)! I've been thinking about getting the naked2 so might have to get this instead!
    Lucy x

    www.dinosaurdances.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fab day, and you're welcome :)
      It's a great palette you really should try it!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Great post, its always nice to find dupes for high-end make up! I love your blog and I just started following you with Bloglovin, if you ever have a chance to look at my blog I would be delighted. Thanks!
    Camille x

    cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes I agree nothing better than finding a bargain!
      Awh thank you very much I really appreciate it :)
      I will check out your blog now!

      xx

      Delete
  5. Love this post! I find that bloggers stick to expensive brands but I honestly don't want to spend that much money on makeup! I'd rather spend it on clothes (which I think is acceptable being a fashion blogger haha). Will need to purchase this pretty soon! X

    www.peexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree if it was between a £37 palette and £37 dress I 'd go with the dress!
      Glad you liked it and thank for your comment :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. that looks like such a lovely palette!

    helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It is so pigmented and a great dupe. Too bad I live in the states and haven't seen this around. But it makes your eyes look very pretty and adds to your already gorgeous features!

    Please check out my blog if you get a chance. I love yours and I followed right away!
    http://www.kathayyyx.blogspot.com
    Thank you!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a shame!
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment though Kathy, I really appreciate you following me :)

      Xx

      Delete