Thursday 10 October 2013

Autumn Comforts

With more leaves at our feet than on the trees it's safe to say that autumn has arrived. Although I was very reluctant in admitting that the summer months were over I do quite enjoy the autumnal season and I believe that this of all seasons, is home comforts season.
I love nothing more at this time of year than getting all wapped up in an oversized piece of cosy knitwear that is 10 sizes to big for me, accompanied with a nice new pair of warm wooly socks.
For me, autumn wouldn't be autumn without the smell of oaky, vanilla and cinnamon scented candles, I like to stock up on a range of different scents to spread around the house and to last me for the following months.
With being in the house more on evenings and weekends, me and my mum like to spend more of our time home baking, it's a good time for mother and daughter bonding and you get lots of tasty treats at the end of it, it's a win win really! And like the scents of my candles I love adding cinnamon and vanilla flavours to my favoruite recipes (visit the muffins and cookies section).
One slight thing I dislike about the season is that with it growing colder my lips are constantly chapping, however I have found a lovely moisturising lip balm in a lush berry colour that is perfect for this time of year.
1. Fluffy Knit Cardigan £24.99 NewLook
2. 101 Cakes & Bakes (range of prices) Amazon
3. Lip Balm Stick in Mightiest Marachino £17.00 Clinique 
4. Vanilla Cupcake Scented Large Jar Candle £19.99 Yankee Candle
5. Calf High Socks Colour Damson £10.50 Jack Wills

What are your favourite things about Autumn?
                                                                                    Ellie

14 comments:

  1. Love this post, i'm feeling very Autumnal at the moment, and am already turning my outfits to velvet and burgundy, cant wait for Winter! Just found your blog too and followed xx

    opalwren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to, burgundy has to be my favourite autumnal colour!

    Thank you :)

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your picks! and that candle looks so good, chubby sticks are amazing xx
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they're gorgeous aren't they?!!
      x

      Delete
  4. I wanna buy one of the large Yankee candles but I just don't know which oneeeee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they have such a huge collection its hard to chose! This vanilla cupcake one is my personal favourite though :)xx

      Delete
  5. I am obsessed with Yankee Candles, between my mum and myself I think we could run a shop! The cardigan looks gorgeous too, imagine wearing that on a cold day...heaven!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of candles! Haha, I know I cant wait to get cosy in this!
    Thanks for your comment :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all close to burgundy colour which is a perfect trend for fall.I love the sweater!
    So fluffy and chic xx

    Style Of Ozoz Facebook Page
    www.styleofozoz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i love the colour burgundy :)
      x

      Delete
  8. Would love a clinique chubby stick! I might have to splurge and get myself one! Love your header! Super cute!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete