Wednesday 13 November 2013

#TheWinterProject : Favourite Winter Nails

I read about this project on one of my favourite blogs that is Beleza by Ems, and although I may be a day behind I loved the sound of the project so much that I couldn't wait to jump on the band wagon. The idea of #TheWinterProject is to write a series of winter related posts over the weeks leading up to Christmas with a different festive theme each week. So, to start things off, let me introduce to my favourite winter nail polishes!
I have a thing for combining nail polishes, you will rarely see me with just one nail colour on. This gorgeous icy blue and creamy colour remind me of cold winter days and they go really great together. The blue 'Where's my Chauffeur?' by Essie (which I nicked from my flat mate on this occasion) is a stunning great quality colour that I highly recommend, I also own a similar colour by Barry M which is a cheaper option but bare in mind you have to apply a few coats to get a solid colour, but it is worth it. See this polish in one of my previous posts HERE. The creamy shade 'Lychee' is one of the gelly polishes by Barry M, the brand I can always rely on for a cheap but decent nail polish.
for a more night time, occasion appropriate look, these two polishes look SOO good together it would be a crime to separate them. For the base colour I apply two coats of 'Raspberry' a lush shade by Barry M which I feel is a really festive red, so I always like to wear it at this time. Another colour by Essie, 'Leading Lady' is what I like to apply over the top. For me a glittery nail polish just yells Christmas so combined with the Barry M paint you are fit for the season!

Are any of you taking part in #TheWinterProject? If so, send me your links in the comments box below!
Ellie
                                                                           

3 comments:

  1. I love all of these shades, so pretty! I really wish I snapped up Leading Lady last winter while I had the chance as I can't find it anywhere now, it's beautiful and so perfect for the festive season! xx

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried eBay?! You can sometimes find older Essie polishes on there.
    Thank you for your comment :)
    x

    ReplyDelete