Tuesday 18 February 2014

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: My New Do!

After a drastic wonky hair cut when I was younger that left me with no choice but to cut my hair short I have since had a fear of cutting my hair. But I can now say that after about (I was going to say 12 years but who am I kidding) pretty much my whole life, I have finally out grown my attachment to my hair. To those of you who read my post 'Do I go for the chop' a few weeks ago will know that I have been contemplating getting, for me, what is a big cut. I have grown my hair since I was a wee one and, I’m ashamed to say this out loud, as I only get my hair trimmed once a year; I felt it was about time for a good snip and a bit of a change! After spotting a pic of celeb Victoria Justice, I developed a major case of hair envy and decided that I wanted a length and style similar to hers. I curl my hair more often than straightening it nowadays so my hairdresser thought it’d be wise to cut it a tad longer than I wanted off as it will always look shorter once curled. And to be honest I wish I had just gone all out and gone the extra few inches shorter, my hair grows at lightning speed so I don’t know why I get so attached to it! A month ago you wouldn’t have heard me saying this, I feel like a changed woman, who knows you might see me posting next week with a bright pink pixie hair cut (okay maybe 2 weeks)!
What do you think of my new do?
If any fellow bloggers have this length hair I would love to know what you use to style it? I have just invested in some sleep in rollers so I’m excited to experiment with them!


  Ellie

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you've done it!
    Looks soooo lovely, you definitely suit it shorter!
    I use no heat on mine, but when my hair is wet I twist it into two sections and pin them over my head when I go to sleep. In the morning I just take them out and brush them through. No heat damage but lovely curls!

    Emmie xxx
    www.topknotfringeandawhatnot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh decided to stop beating around the bush, haha!
      Thank you Emmie!
      Oohh good advice, I'll definitely try that :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. You did it! It looks so lovely Ellie. How have you styled your hair in the bottom pic your hair looks full of bounce and volume!?X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Nicole :) I'm still to get used to it!
      The hair dresser styled it for me here, she used the thick ghd's! But I used some sleep in rollers for the first time and they create a really nice bouncy effect similar to this, I'm planning on doing a review once I've had a bit more practice with them!
      :)xx

      Delete
  3. your hair looks gorgeous, it makes me want to cut mine short too but like you I've had a bad haircut when I was younger and not had short hair ever since after growing it and I just don't know how it will look if cut short but anyways you look gorgeous with long or short hair :) <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank yo so much! I was very apprehensive but so glad I went for it, it will always grow back!

      Thanks for your comment, will check out your blog asap :)

      Ellie xx

      Delete
  4. It looks so pretty, and really suits you. Good choise i say
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1 heres my blog hope you like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, I feel like it has grown loads already!
    Will visit your blog now :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete