Wednesday 8 October 2014

LFW: Zoe Jordan SS15


Another September passed and another fashion week been and gone, and in my case, also the end of a 5 month internship at womenswear brand Zoe Jordan. My time with the London based brand was a valuable experience, to any fashion students reading I was really interested in hearing about other peoples experiences in the industry before starting mine, so to those interested here's a little inside info on mine! After a bit of a steady start working within the business, branding and admin side, I was soon in my element working closely with the design team getting some real hands on experience including designing, pattern cutting and my biggest achievement during my time there, sewing actual show garments! When looking for placements, although a well known brand would stand out on my cv, from the start I wanted to go to a small studio with the hope I would get given more responsibilities, and I am pleased to say that the further I got into the duration of my internship, the more I was trusted with. This enabled me to gain some great skills for the reminder of my degree! 
As part of my Zoe Jordan experience I had to opportunity to accompany the lovely team to London fashion week to showcase the collection, the atmosphere at Sommerset House was incredible, with fellow bloggers and designers surrounding the area it was a very fashionable affair. But as you can imagine, in the build up to fashion week things are slightly less glamour behind the scenes with last minute changes, alterations, and finishing touches. However the thing I love most about studying fashion is that all the hard graft is worth it in the end to see the finishing result. With some gorgeous prints, tailoring, quality fabrics, and colour palettes, Zoe Jordans spring summer 15 collection 'Tour' is completely wearable and luxurious. Here are a few of my snaps from the designer show room at London fashion week. 

LFW Sommerset house
 LFW Sommerset house
 Zoe Jordan SS15 'Tour'
 Zoe Jordan SS15 'Tour'


 Zoe Jordan SS15 'Tour'


 Zoe Jordan SS15 'Tour'


 Zoe Jordan SS15 'Tour'


 Zoe Jordan SS15 'Tour'


 Zoe Jordan SS15 'Tour'


 Zoe Jordan SS15 'Tour'


 Designer showrooms after party

Did any of you get a chance to go to London Fashion week?
What were your favourite collections?

If any prospective fashion interns would like to know more on my internship or advice on how to get one, please don't hesitate to contact me!

E.D


2 comments: